Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Open Challenge to all cricket fans – Can anyone solve ‘Times Of India’s Cricket Trivia Quiz

The following trivia question appeared in the Chennai Edition of the Times of India on Sunday, the 29th of June 2008. It is also available online on http://epaper.timesofindia.com in the section marked PLAYFULL

I will first repeat the question in the picture for you

Question - This dashing Indian batsman put the Pakistani attack to sword as he scored a swashbuckling 119 to help India chase with ease in the Asia cup clash in Karachi on Thursday.

The options are
A) Sourav Ganguly B) Sachin Tendulkar C) Rahul Dravid

As a hint, they have provided a photograph of the lower half of the cricketer’s face – a pair of specs and a light moustache is visible. The player also happens to be chewing on his nails. Looks very much like a cricketer who once took his shirt off on the Lords balcony but wait there’s another hint.

The picture has been captioned as “Dadagiri Continues”. The first word reminds me of a very popular cricketer’s nickname. I am fairly certain that I know this one. But wait, it says Asia Cup in Karachi in 2008. I guy I was thinking about isn’t playing for the national senior team and as far as I know isn’t part of any rebel league or tournament going on simultaneously with the BCCI-approved Asia Cup in Pakistan.

I give up. I should’ve watched the Asia Cup more closely.

The reward for the lucky winner - to have his name published on the same trivia section the following day. Well, now I have an additional prize for whoever has the right answer. I will be his slave for the rest of my life. And I will build two monuments in his honour – one on the moon and one on the Lords cricket ground and name them as “this is to celebrate the Genius who correctly answered Times Of India’s quiz”

There is no time limit to answering this question. Keep trying. But please don’t come up with inane answers like – the options are all wrong or there is a typo error or that this was done to celebrate National Media Horrors Day or something.

Thanks to Aneesh Deepak for noticing the unsolvability of this question

Sphere: Related Content

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ha ha ha... good one

Unknown said...

dude the offer's still open:-)